National Education Policy 2020 Highlights Pdf Download:- The New Education Policy 2020 (NEP 2020) NEP has been approved by the Union Cabinet today. It has been formally announced at 4 pm on 29th July after the Union Cabinet approved the new Education Policy 2020. The NEP was created in 1986 and revised in 1992. The Bharatiya Janata Party’s manifesto in the 2014 general election promised to implement the new Education Policy 2020 Pdf in Hindi, marathi, tamil, bengali & gujarati. Students can get complete information about the new National Education Policy implementation date, Schools in India Check here नई शिक्षा नीति 2020 कब से लागू होगी. Let’s know what the new education policy 2020 is?
New Education Policy 2020 India
Several major changes have been made in the new Education Policy 2020 (NEP 2020), approved by the Union Cabinet on Wednesday, to allow top foreign universities to set up campuses in India, students to get vocational education and a direction towards institutions etc. read the complete article for details. The formal announcement was made jointly by Union Ministers Prakash Javadekar and Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Ninshak. With the announcement of the new Education Policy 2020, the HRD Ministry has been renamed as ‘Ministry of Education’. According to the New Education Policy, the HRD ministry will now be called the Ministry of Education.
Download Here >>>National Education Policy 2020 Link
NEP (National Education Policy) 2020 Highlights
Under National Education Policy (NEP), the following changes are made in higher education-
- Multiple entry and exit options in higher education
Multiple entry and exit options will now be offered in higher education.
- MPhil Exemption in 5 years course
Those doing a five-year integrated course are exempted to do an MPhil. All the courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD level will now be interdisciplinary.
- Autonomy based on the accreditation of colleges
Autonomy will now be given on the basis of accreditation of colleges.
- National Mission for Mentoring
A national mission will be run for mentoring.
- One regulator for higher education
There will be only one regulator for higher education. Currently UGC, AICTE are included. However, legal and medical education will not be included in this.
- Same Standards for Government and private education
Education standards for government and private universities will remain the same.
- Establishment of National Result Foundation
National Research Foundation (NRF) will be established which will promote research and innovation.
- Promotion of technology in education
Technology will be promoted in education (teaching, learning and assessment).
- E-courses in 8 regional languages
E-courses will be developed in eight major regional languages.
नई शिक्षा नीति इन हिंदी
Changes in School Education in India 2020
Under New Education Policy (NEP), the following changes are made in school education-
- Curriculum will be prepared by NCERT for Early Childhood Care and Education for children aged 3 to 6 years.
- A National Mission on Foundation Literacy and Numeracy will be started for foundation education (for 6 to 9 years).
- The study pattern for 9th to 12th will be prepared on the basis of 5 + 3 + 3 + 4. New skills (such as coding) will be introduced.
- Extracurricular activities will be included in the main curriculum.
- Special provision has been made for Gifted Children and Girl Child. Vocational will be added from class 6 onwards.
- A new National Curriculum Framework will be created to which ECE, schools, teachers and adult education will be linked.
- Board exam will be divided into 2 sections.
- Life skills will be added to children’s report cards.
- Education will be ensured for every child by the year 2030. After the end of schooling, every child will have at least life skills.
Common Entrance Exam for admission to higher education institutions
In the National Education Policy 2020, the Common Entrance Exam will be offered by the National Examination Agency for admission to higher education institutions. It will not be mandatory for the institute.