Being a residential University and more than 700 students are residing in different hostels on the Campus. An equal number reside outside the Campus; they are day scholars. The University has provided following facilities for games and sports to the students on the campus.
Outdoor Games and sports Facilities
Volley ball -
University has three volleyball courts on the Campus for scholars men & women and conducts regular inter-departmental tournaments.
The University has a cricket field, and the necessary para pharnelia which the students use to learn the game. The facility of Sports Stadium which is managed by Sports Council of J&K, 9 kilometers from the Campus is also available for use.
There is a common ground used for football & cricket sports. The items for football are available to the players who used to almost every day as the game is very popular among students.
University has two Kabaddi grounds on the campus. The game is enjoyed by the players and is quite popular in the region.
The University maintains badminton courts in all hostels. The required kit is made available on askana. The game is played round the year.
Trekking and cross country -
The University campus is spread over 6500 kanals of undertaking land Trekking and cross country run are organized on routine basis for students. The treks have already been identified and duly marked and the events like cross-country run & trekking are as routine conducted.
Tug of War -
University also conducts tug of war competitions among different Departments andSchools.
Indoor Games & Sports facilities
Table Tennis -
The University has two Indoor Table Tennis halls for men and women which are often in use in evening hours.
The university has also provided the facility of chess for both men& women.
The University is also organizing cultural events in the Campus.
Sports & Co-curricular activities during 2011-12
The sports events and some cultural activities were conducted during the period under reference in which University got not only fame but earn lots of publicity in both print and electronic media at the state and national level. The following are some of the events held which may be considered for the insertion of sports activities during the year (event wise).
- The University participated in the first ever cultural event i.e. “Riyasate Virasat” organized by the Jammu University at Zoravar auditorium in which all 7 state universities took part at a fabulous mega show. The BGSB University begged 3rd. position and brought laurels to the institution.
- The BGSB University sent its two students of MBA namely Mr.Muzamil Hamid & Mr.Abrar Ul Mustafa who took part in all India Inter University debate competition held at Aligarh Muslim University and begged the 2nd Position which was one of the prestigious events at all India universities level and thus the said students brought laurels and honour for the University.
- During the year 2011, the University participated in all India Inter University sports competition in events viz. Judo Men’s team at Pune, Volleyball Men Team at Bundelkhand University at Bareilly (UP) & Table Tanis Men’s Team at Nainital (Uttarakhand) Through such participations in sports events not only the players get exposure of the outside world and other educational institutions but bring name and fame to the Institute.
- The university exhibited its artistic talent in which 5 students participated in Youth Festival 2012 which was organized by AMU at all India level in said event our University also earns name and fame to the Institute.
- During the year 2011-12, the University took extra initiative and successfully organized District championships of various sports with the collaboration of district associations in University Campus to provide the opportunity to university players for playing against the Some of Prominent district players.
- The volley ball team of the University begged winner up trophy when they lifted the Rajouri district Volley ball Championship organized by the Indian Army under Sadhbavana. The championship was organized at PGDC Rajouri in February 2012.
- During the last 2 years, the Directorate of Physical Education and Sports organized almost all the sports events in both categories at inter departmental level. The main sports activities are mentioned as under.
Athletics for Men and Women both, Foot-ball, Cricket for Men, Badminton, Chess, Carron, Table Tennis both Men & Women category.